Do you think you have what it takes to run a metropolis? With Quadropolis, build your city exactly how you want it and prevail with the best built city out of all your opponents! In Quadropolis, players start with the same identical city, but must compete with one another for shops, public services, and other structures to build up their city into a metropolis. Quadropolis lasts 4 rounds. In each round, tiles to improve your cities are dealt out randomly on a 5×5 grid. Players use 1 of their 4 architects (numbered 1-4) and places an architect next to a row or column, and claims the tile as far in as the number of the architect placed (fourth tile for architect number 4). The claimed tile is placed on their own personal 4×4 city board and claims resources offered by the tile. Then that player would place their figure where the tile was, meaning that players next in the round may not place architects on any tiles in the same row or column as the figure.
The game ends after four rounds, with victory points being scored depending on your placement of the buildings in your city:
* Residential buildings are scored depending on height
* Shops are scored depending on how many customers are inside
* Public services are scored depending on the number of districts in your city that have them
* Parks are scored depending on the number of residential buildings next to them
* Harbours are scored depending on the longest row or column of activated harbours in the city
* Factories are scored depending on the number of adjacent shops and harbours to it.
The player with the most victory points at the end of the game is the winner, and the best city builder out of all the competition!
Quadropolis is recommended for 2-4 players, ages 8 and up.